It looks like the wrath of Korean audience before the film distorting history has not stopped since recently, the petition to stop spinning Snowdrop (Galanthus) gained 160,000 signatures even though the station has run out claim that the film is not at odds with history.
It seems that the fortunes of Jisoo and Jung Hae In have yet to end
Previously, JTBC said: ” Snowdrop is a black comedy that satirizes the military dictatorship of the ’80s. It also praises the male and female students who died in times of upheaval. place has nothing to do with the production of the movie. Please do not spread unfounded speculations about movies that have not been broadcast yet. ” But according to the revealed scenario, Snowdrop revolved around the romance between the character Young Cho of Ji Soo and the male college student – Soo Ho played by Jung Hae In, Young Cho and Soo Ho falling in love but then. If Soo Ho was supposed to be a North Korean spy and disguised as a protest student, he has a duty to fight the government.
The reaction of netizens to the news that Snowdrop has reached 1,60000 signatures protesting on air:
– Why does JTBC keep clarifying when the public has said clearly they don’t want to see this movie? If you like, just make a movie and release it if you crave that much.
– Don’t let this kind of plot and love story multiply. This world is not suspicious enough yet, but now our TV is also full of this. I know there will be people like “Shut up and don’t watch if you don’t like it!”, But because of this reaction, the filmmakers still think it won’t be a problem if you do it.
– I have not seen a movie but hated it, it feels like … Just watch the movie and then criticize them if there are any episodes that distort the history of the country, nobody will die. I see people are making it up when they only see a single scene.
– Why are these people jumping up like that? How can the movies continue to be produced at this point?
– Since when is the Republic of Korea so sensitive? Just like before, no one cares. Dare now, even historical dramas are not the optimal choice anymore.
– The public isn’t blindly jealous of this movie. It is a film about a traumatic period in the country, when so many students were brutally tortured and bluffly killed. Turning it into a black comedy with a scene where it’s so obvious is celebrating events the wrong way, of course we have to oppose this drama. Worse still, the heroine’s name is also taken from the real character’s name. Even if they deny it, Young Cho is not such a popular name!
– Idol fans should watch it again. Everyone gets mad at Joseon Exorcist but look at the hypocrites here!
– The public should be the writer and producer of this movie this way
We will continue to update relevant information.
Photo source: Synthesize