Recently, ITZY has released a poster with the words “GUESS WHO” (roughly translated: guess who), announcing the group will make a comeback on April 30, 2021. It is not known what concept the 5 girls will show in this comeback, but the single “teasing” photo has become a topic that makes Korean netizens excitedly discussing
Poster announcing ITZY’s comeback on April 30
Many people were surprised when JYP announced the comeback date of ITZY too soon. Remember when the group made a comeback with the song “ Not Shy ” (August 17, 2020), the company only announced it about 2 weeks in advance, but this time they released a poster introducing the introduction 1 month earlier. However, this may be JYP’s strategy to extend the time to pre-order the album, helping the “favorite chicken” to have higher record sales.
In question about the announcement of the comeback date soon, netizens also pay attention to the time ITZY releases new music products. In previous comebacks, the group often released the MV at 6pm Korea (16:00 Vietnam) – the time frame for releasing traditional songs by Kpop artists. However, in the near future, TWICE juniors will play music at 13:00 KST (equivalent to 11:00 in Vietnam and 0:00 – according to the East American time zone)
ITZY changed the comeback time, did not release a new song in the familiar 18 o’clock time slot in Korea
BTS used to release MV Dynamite in this time frame, BLACKPINK also applied the same form when playing Ice Cream and Lovesick Girls . The song released at the aforementioned time enjoyed 100% of sales in 7 days, partly affecting the performance on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.With ITZY changed the song release time, JYP somewhat revealed the hope girls attack the US market.
… and BLACKPINK are 2 Kpop groups pioneering in changing the time to release music products
But Korean netizens are not interested in this, even doubting the effectiveness of the time change. ITZY does have a large number of international fans, but compared to BTS and BLACKPINK, it is far behind, so it is unlikely that music in the new time frame has helped the group “squeeze” into the US chart.
That is not to mention that the comeback at 13 pm in Korea could affect ITZY’s performance at home, at that time it was still office time, so the song would have difficulty reaching the public. Therefore, there are people who ironically that JYP is obsessed with the US market, so they let the “domestic chickens” take such risks.
JYP is ironic that it is obsessed with achievements in America, so ITZY can change the release schedule of a new song
In addition, netizens are also interested in ITZY’s concept, hoping the group will change their image during their comeback. Since debut, ITZY has pursued the concept of girl crush personality, except for the song “ Not Shy ” about love, their songs always highlight the message of self-love, be yourself, so they are criticized for walking in a path , does not create a new one.
Knet hopes ITZY to change its image and avoid following the familiar path
– Great, I am looking forward to their comeback.
– Oh, hope this time the group changes the concept.
– I look forward to seeing their performances too.
– I believe in their performances, but this time the concept shouldn’t be the same anymore. Looking forward to the song that the group is about to release.
– I’m curious about the concept and song this time.
– Honestly, I don’t know if releasing the song 5 hours earlier will impact the group’s performance in the US, just hope this song is a hit in Korea.
– JYP has yet to escape its obsession with the US market.
– Is “Guess Who” the title of the song? What does it mean? I wonder what the word “Guess Who” on the comeback poster means.
– Great, so excited.
– How can we wait until April 30?
– There’s still a month left. It feels like we will be watching the concept grow up, waiting.
– I thought, “Oh, peak”, then looked at the date and saw that there is still a month left. I look forward to it.
– Why did they release the teaser so soon? How can I wait?
– The concept of ITZY is the type that has been enthusiastically received in the West. They also recently released an English version of the song Not Shy. JYP has always been criticized for their American illness, but I have the feeling that now the market has changed, everything is different.
– Well, I really hope the concept will change completely.
– ITZY has a lot of potential! I like the group in that they always try new things.
– JYP’s concept has recently been full of girl crushes with American diseases, it seems they do everything they can to make it onto Billboard.
– When did they say they wanted to enter America? Why are you all against the group’s comeback on Friday instead of Sunday?
Source: PC, Knetizen – Photo: Internet – Video: YouTube