On March 16, Rosé officially launched the hard disk called -R- . Although aired after the digital version for 5 days, but the main vocalist BLACKPINK still set an impressive record sales record.
Specifically, the sales of the -R- album on Hanteo reached 282,674 copies on the first day of release. Thereby, Rosé officially usurped IU, becoming a female solo artist with the highest first-day album sales in Kpop. This is predicted beforehand, because the amount of pre-order alone, this hard disk has exceeded half a million copies – the most for Korean female solo arrays.
Rosé is a female Kpop solo artist who sold the most albums on the first day of release
The old record belonged to IU and the album Love Poem
Top 5 albums with the highest first-day sales of female Kpop solo artists
1. -R- – Rosé (BLACKPINK): 282,674 copies
2. Love Poem – IU: 125,388 copies
3. Purpose – Taeyeon (SNSD): 96,749 copies
4. Spit It Out – Solar (MAMAMOO): 62,807 copies
5. Dark Side Of The Moon – Moonbyul (MAMAMOO): 59,342 copies
In particular, if considering the Kpop female artist segment, Rosé’s first day sales even surpassed TWICE’s 2 most recent albums. On the first day of the sale, the JYP girl group “sold out” 274,472 records MORE & MORE (6/2020), the second full album sales of their career, Eyes Wide Open (10/2020) dropped to 107,345. copy.
TWICE’s last 2 albums did not have sales on the first day …
. as tall as the solo record that Rosé just released
Currently, the number of albums that Rosé sells is only lower than THE ALBUM released by BLACKPINK last October (589,310 copies). This shows that not only BLACKPINK “dominates” the Korean female artist’s album, but a solo member is also capable of setting a record.
Top 5 albums with the highest first-day sales of female Kpop artists
1. THE ALBUM – BLACKPINK: 589,310 copies
2. -R- – Rosé: 282,674 copies
3. MORE & MORE – TWICE: 274,472 copies
4. One-reeler / Act IV – IZ * ONE: 190,698 copies
5. BLOOM * IZ – IZ * ONE: 183,975 copies
Source: Twitter – Photo: Internet